Monday, March 22, 2010

Julia's 1/2 Marathon!

Julia Gulia did a half marathon in Moab this weekend! It was pretty cold there, but we had a fun time in the beautiful Canyonlands.  She finished the half marathon (13 miles) and she didn't even get picked up by the shuttle (for people on the main road past 12:30). As she crossed the finish line, the announcer said "Julia DeMartini!" and the song sang "Pour some sugar on me" by Def Leppard.  It was quite perfect. She finished in under 3 hours. Yay for her. :)  She was immediately sore after the long run though. 


This is a glass cube design I made in my Floral Design class.  I really like this class.  I'm really excited for spring, hence the vibrant spring colors.  I gave it to my roommate Zia for her birthday.  

6 comments:

Julia said...

thanks to bryan, there is also a video of me coming across the finish line on you tube! for your viewing pleasure.

doug and becky said...

yea julia!! and such a beautiful bouquet april. zia is so lucky :)

Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

I admire people who run. I'm the worst runner ever.
good job

Kaity said...

I'm inspired. I hate running, but I think I would like to run a half marathon just to say I did.

Caleb and Jessica Sainsbury said...

You're awesome Julia! Jos and I ran that race together when we were at BYU and she literally did cartwheels down the home stretch!

David DeMartini said...

Great job Julia No 5!