Thursday, April 16, 2009

conference weekend & aebleskivers

Conference was excellent, didn't you think? I got a lot out of it and can't wait to re-read everything. Doug got up with me at 6:00am both mornings to watch it and helped keep me awake.

The only thing that could make it better was to discover this hidden treasure:
It was also quickly revealed that McDouglas is an aebleskiver maker extraordinaire and he now has a new specialty!







We've had this pan kicking around forever and i couldn't imagine what Kaity used it for, but Doug got it out and said it was for danish pancakes, and voila! we had pancake balls with hidden treasures inside (mainly chocolate chips, berries and bananas... yum)! I am hoping this will be the start of a delicious tradition.

5 comments:

Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

you and doug should start a food blog! I've never had danish pancakes. It looks yummy.

Joslin said...

What better Conference tradition could you start than a delicious international breakfast! That post made me hungry!

Pamela Palmer said...

It's my pan actually, but you can use it as long as you want. Those DeMartini boys are so talented.

Brittany said...

Wow! We had aebleskivers for conference weekend too! It was my first time though and I kind of made a big mess...but a yummy one!

Unknown said...

You kids are so adorable.